For the best pilates exercise company, call Cara McGrath Pilates.
To find the best pilates exercise company, click here for Cara McGrath Pilates. 240.shtml
(NC)-You and a friend are enjoying an outing when -suddenly-your companion appears to lose consciousness, falls to the ground and starts to shake uncontrollably. The person is having a seizure. How can you help?
St. John Ambulance, Canada’s leader in first aid training and products, offers these tips.
1. Make the area safe for the casualty. Keep onlookers away.
2. Don’t try to restrict the person’s movements in the convulsion. Gently guide them to protect them from injury.
3. Carefully loosen any tight clothing, especially around the neck.
4. Never put anything in the mouth of the casualty, between the teeth or attempt to hold their tongue.
5. Never try to give the person food or drink.
6. After a seizure, assess the casualty for injuries.
7. Keep the casualty at rest for up to an hour, regularly monitoring pulse and breathing.
8. Seek medical attention if the casualty does not fully recover, or has a second major seizure within a few minutes.
9. If this is the first time the person has had a seizure, always get medical help.
10. Learn what to do in an emergency – take St. John Ambulance first aid training. Contact the office in your area or check us out online at http://www.sja.ca.